chocolate covered pomegranate

13:36 0 Comments A+ a-

Oh Yeah I Am Excited!


It isn’t often that I get this excited about a recipe!  Ok, I might be fibbing a bit….I am ALWAYS excited to share my recipes with you all, but this recipe is absolutely amazing!  
A few weeks ago I really dove into learning everything there is to know about a pomegranate.  To think that I had never even tried one before because I didn’t know how to open one and retrieve the fruit/seeds.  

Let’s Get To Cooking!


These little candies are so easy to make!  The first thing you need to do is get the seeds out of your pomegranate. You will only need about 2/3 cup of pomegranate seeds for this recipe.  You could use more if you would like and you certainly will have some left over to enjoy later.
After you have removed the seeds, set aside.  Now you are going to need 1 cup of dark chocolate.  I used Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Gluten, Dairy, nut & Soy Free, Mini Chips for this recipe.

How To Use A Double Boiler


In a double boiler, melt your chocolate.  I have 4 pictures below to show you how to properly set up a double boiler.  Just add enough water to a saucepan to touch the bottom of the bowl that will sit inside the saucepan.  Make sure the bowl is safe for heat and that water won’t get into the bowl that has the chocolate.
Bring the water to a boil and set the bowl on top of the water (turn heat down once you add chocolate) , pour the chocolate in the bowl and stir until it is nicely melted.  This took me about 5 minutes.


Assembling The Chocolates


Do not remove the bowl with the chocolate from the saucepan.  The hot water below the bowl will allow the chocolate to stay warm while you are assembling the candy.  Simply remove the saucepan from the burner once the chocolate is melted and take it to desired location where you are putting together your candy.
In a mini muffin pan, add some mini muffin inserts.  Place some melted chocolate in the bottom of the muffin insert and place the pomegranate seeds on top of the chocolate.

 Continue to do this for all 12 pieces of candy.  It is okay if things get a little messy…trust me, it is worth it!
I didn’t fill mine all the way to the top, because I really wanted to taste the chocolate, but if you are wanting more of a pomegranate burst, fill them up! 

Now simply pour more chocolate over the pomegranates.  If you added more pomegranate to your candy, you might need a little more melted chocolate.  
Can I just tell you…you know when you have a chocolate covered cherry and you bite into it and the juice just pours out of the bite?  Oh the ooey, gooey goodness (I know, ooey isn’t a word, but you can taste the deliciousness!)  Well that is what you get from these fantastic candies!  Watch out, they are juicy and delicious!

Place in the refrigerator until the chocolates firm up.  Mine took about a half hour to set up.  When they set, dive in and enjoy!  
I store mine in the refrigerator for about a week but they won’t last that long.  My guess is that you will be making another batch tomorrow! :)  A perfect treat for the upcoming valentines holiday!